Please Note: This is a Pre-Order listing for TeamO 170N in Grey. Release date is in early June 2021.
TeamO 275N BackTow Lifejacket & Harness with ProSensor Elite Automatic Firing Head
The 275N BackTow Lifejacket is intended primarily for offshore use under extreme conditions. It is also of value to those who are wearing clothing which traps air and which may adversely affect the self-righting capacity of the lifejacket.
- Yachts and Yachting Innovation of the Year
- A Pittman Innovation Award for Safety
- James Dyson Award - Shortlisted (Top 20)
- DAME Design Award 2017 - Shortlisted
How does it work? When the lifejacket inflates the large BackTow handle is accessible on the top of the right hand bladder lung. If you pull this handle, the BackTow strop is released, and the tether point swings around to behind your head, turning you into a face-up seated position in the water. What's more, the BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
With all the features you would expect of a premium PFD suitable for inshore and offshore sailing:
- 275N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. TeamO's patented BackTow technology functions in a manoverboard situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- The jacket automatically inflates when water activated using the ProSensor firing head inside the cover.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
- It works like any normal premium lifejacket harness. You clip on at the front and it functions like any other jacket.
- If you go overboard whilst tethered, the lifejacket will automatically inflate and the BackTow handle will be available to pull. You must manually pull the BackTow handle for BackTow to work.
- Once the handle is pulled it releases the clip-on point from the front of the body over the shoulder, which automatically rotates the wearer in the water.
- The wearer is now face up, and chances of survival is dramatically increased. (The BackTow line is also an approved lifting point, so recovery of the person overboard is much easier, with reduced risk of injury.)
Inflation System: UML ProSensor Elite Firing Head
(TeamO lifejackets come with the ProSensor Firing Head fitted as standard and are our preferred inflation system for TeamO lifejackets.)
The Pro-sensor firing head works using a water activated system. A compressed paper capsule is contained within the firing head. When it becomes wet it dissolves and releases a spring which fires the CO2 cylinder and inflates your lifejacket.
The firing head is designed so that water must travel upwards inside the unit to dissolve the paper pellet. It is then also protected by the lifejacket cover. This means that spray and rain will not cause accidental inflation.
There are two colour tabs on the front of the unit to show the activation status. When both the firing head and the CO2 cylinder show as green marks the lifejacket is armed and ready for use. If one of the marks shows red this indicates that the jacket is not armed and needs to be checked. If the top tab shows red check that the CO2 cylinder is unpunctured and is screwed firmly in to the unit. If the bottom tab show red check that the paper pellet cup is screwed firmly on to the bottom of the firing head.