New Model - KTI Safety Alert SA2GN With Near Field Communication (NFC) - Coded for Registration in New Zealand (NZ)
Embracing continued advances in technology, KTI has further upgraded the capabilities of the market-leading Safety Alert PLB.
Using the latest electronic components KTI have now equipped the Safety Alert PLB with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Hence the new name – KTI Safety Alert SA2GN. You will now be able to check the PLBs 'battery life' by simply scanning the PLB with a mobile phone through web browser. No additional apps are required.
The NFC scan also facilitates digital transfer of Hex ID and checksum offering a tidy solution to beacon registration problems on National Databases.
Note: Only works with a NFC equipped Phone or Device with web browser and internet access. Individual device configuration may impact performance.
Setting an unprecedented world standard in PLB design and performance, the new KTI SafetyAlert is compact, fast and reliable. Ideal for bushwalkers, four wheel drivers, cross country skiers and small aircraft pilots, the KTI SafetyAlert PLB is the ultimate global rescue link for people who want peace of mind in the outdoors.
Built to replace the popular KTI RB3 beacon, the new 406 MHz SafetyAlert harnesses the more accurate 406MHz COSPAS-SARSAT satellite frequency to deliver pinpoint detection accuracy and faster rescue response times.
The KTI SafetyAlert leads the world not only in design and technology, but breaks new ground in efficiency with a class leading 10 year battery life. Ultra-low current circuitry and low-loss antenna system delivers performance that exceeds the COSPAS-SARSAT requirements of 24 hours continuous transmission at -20°C.
For premium performance the KTI SafetyAlertPLB is GPS equipped with a location accuracy of down to 3.0 metres. The GPS receiver is coupled to a chip style antenna which provides high sensitivity together with superior resistance against detuning by nearby objects.
- Size: Compact, lightweight design
- Antenna: Marine grade stainless steel, flexible, multi-position
- Buoyancy: Self buoyant – no need for external flotation aids
- Strobe: High intensity photo-flash LED
- Activation: Simple one-hand activation
- Carry Pouch: Camera style carry pouch with belt loop
- Lanyard: Detachable with pictorial instructions and whistle
- Mirror: Supplied with high reflectivity mirror
- Warranty: 10 year parts and labour
- New Zealand 512 UIN Coded
- Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
- Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
- Weight: 140g
- Size: 88mm x 64mm x 31mm
- Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
- Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
- Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
- 66 channel receiver
- 5 minute position updates
- accurate to 3.0m (CEP50)
- Cold start acquisition time < 35 seconds typical
- Chip style antenna design, highly resistant to detuning by nearby objects
If you require a PLB coded to a different country, please contact our sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I haven't tested this PLB (and hopefully will never have to!) but it looks great, is small, light and comes in its own good quality solid protective case.
I also found registration with the S+R center was easy.
This combined with a good price makes this look like a great option